Friday, July 1, 2011

Preparations and setup...

I figured I'd start with a little info on my bikepacking setup....

2010 GT Peace 9'r SingleSpeed
Rockshox Tora Fork
Ergon GC2 Grips(not shown in this picture)
32x20 Gearing
WTB Vulpine Tires
Framebag, Seatpack, Handlebar Bag I made myself.
Osprey Talon 22 Pack




Here's a picture of all the stuff I managed to get into the Osprey Pack. Definitely was heavy to start with, and most of the time I also had the 2L bladder full as well.  But overall it carried very well, and I had no shoulder or back pain!

On the bike itself I had the following:

-Frame bag=  2L Water Bladder,  2 tubes, CO2 Pump Setup, Planet Bike Microlite Pump, Tool Kit(15mm wrench, multitool, patch kit, zip ties, duct tape, few extra bolts/nuts), 4 AA & 4 AAA Batteries, 30' Paracord, two collapsable aluminum poles for my shelter.

-Handlebar bag=  GoLite Shangri La 1 Shelter w/ 8 Stakes, Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad, North Face Goretex Jacket, and then my 4wt TFO Fly Rod.
---Then attached to the handlebar system I made, I had a Granite Gear Armored Pocket.  Worked great as a modular system!  In this I held=  3 Maps, Pen and Paper, Sunglasses(when not wearing them), Camera(when not strapped on top of the setup for easy access), Lighter, Extra Snacks For the Days Ride(if needed).

-Seatpack=  All inside of a Outdoor Research 10L Dry Sack.  Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Bag, Outdoor Research Down Hooded Jacket, Thick/Tall SmartWool Socks.  And by the end of the trip I also had strapped my extra shoes(awesome low neoprene dive boots) to the top of this bag, as it was riding/handling even better than I had hoped!

No comments:

Post a Comment